Sunday 6 October 2013

Curry and Cumin and Turmeric- Oh My!

Spices are what make the meal. And in our house we LOVE spices. I was away this weekend with a friend and upon coming home my lovely had begun dinner. This is very exciting for me for two reasons. 

1. I don't have to cook! 

2. I CAN TAKE PICTURES!!

Usually the only reason that I have "after shots" only is because I cook kind of like the Swedish Chef from the muppets. So I keep my phone (camera) far far away. But now I had the opportunity to take "how to" pics while inhaling delicious smells.

Tonight for dinner is a staple in our house; curried vegetables. Sometimes on their own, sometimes over rice or quinoa. Always delicious!

Not only are curried dishes SO good (and good for you) they are also super easy to make. 

First you sauté some onions in a tablespoon of oil...

Then you add your spices to a bowl. We used curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, sugar, ginger and garlic. 

Then add some veggies to the onions. We used broccoli, cauliflower and kale. 

Add your spice blend to the vegetables, mix well, cover and let cook for a minute.

Once the veggies are coated evenly add some diced tomatoes. I used leftover rustic tomato soup. Then simmer while the spices devour the veggies!

After about 20 minutes of simmering on a low heat this delicious meal is ready to be eaten. I'm eating it alone but my family are eating it with some jasmine rice.

Pumpkin pinwheels are coming, likely Friday. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment