Wednesday 9 October 2013

Vegan Fudge...

Ok, so I made the fudge.

It is dangerously easy to make. I almost wish it was harder, or more complicated. Because something tells me that this is going to be my "go to" dessert now. Move over stuffed dates! There's a new crack in town...

The ingredients are simple.

  • 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

  • That's it. That's all. Throw it in a blender and you're practically done. I added crushed walnuts at the end. Then spread it on a saran-lined cookie sheet and threw it in the freezer. Voila! Rich, melt in your mouth fudge!



    Now the experimenting begins. 

    I'm going to try it with half the cocoa and add almond milk in lieu of sweetener. Then maybe add some Oreo crumble. [Side bar: Oreos are totally vegan!] Which leads me back to my vegan does not = healthy. Especially with desserts!!

    Or maybe I'll double the cocoa and add dried blueberries or cranberries. 

    The possibilities are endless!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment